The following work is included in electric, acoustic and bass guitar setups: cleaning, fingerboard treatment, restringing, action adjustment, neck adjustment, intonation, and an electronic functionality check.
A 12-string guitar set-up includes the following work: cleaning, fingerboard treatment, restringing, action adjustment, bridge adjustment, and neck adjustment.
A locking tremolo set-up includes the following attention: cleaning, fingerboard treatment, restringing, action adjustment, neck adjustment, intonation, and an electronic functionality check.
A PLEK machine automatically fine-tunes the neck and frets of instruments to get the best out of an instruments playability. Using precision robotic tools, the PLEK machine cuts, shapes and dresses frets, cuts precision nuts, and planes and adjusts fingerboards to achieve the best balance of playability with minimum string height. Learn more about the PLEK service.
• Electric Guitar/Acoustic Guitar/Bass Guitar Repair
• Full set-up on all stringed instruments
• Mandolin/Banjo/Ukulele repairs at hourly rates
• Violin, Viola and Cello repairs at hourly rates
• Nut repair and replacement
• Saddle replacement
• New tuner installation and replacement
• Electronic work including jacks, switches, pots, and pick-up installation, and complete modifications
• Fret edge dress
• Strap button installation
• Re-fret, nickel or stainless steel available or fret fress treatments
• Guitar neck heat press treatment
• Broken headstock
• Neck resets
• Cracked acoustics
• Bridgework including re-gluing, filling and re-slotting and full replacement
• Custom routing for electronics
General Repair Service Turn Around Time
Repairs are addressed in the order they arrive unless we are waiting for a part or for direction from the customer. Due to these situations, we cannot guarantee turn around times on string instrument service. However, we do offer a general guideline for repairs. If you need faster service than general turn around time, rush service is available.
• On-Site Repairs - One Week or Less
• Custom Luthier Service - Two Weeks or Less
Rush Repair Service
If you are in need of a rush repair, bring your instrument into the store and request rush service. If the on-duty technician determines that the repair can be accomplished, they will offer the option of rush service by 5pm the following day. Rush service fees include:
• Rush guitar set-up or other on-site repair fees $50
No rush repair service is available for off-site repairs. Note that rush repair service only guarantees that your project will be looked at and every attempt will be made to complete the repair. There are some rare instances where the repair cannot be completed due to unforeseen circumstances. In these instances, the rush charge still applies.
We are authorized to offer repair for the following brands: Art & Lutherie, Ashdown, Charvel, EVH, Fender, Godin, Gretsch, Guild, Hartke, Hiwatt, Jackson, Laney, Marshall, Orange, Sampson, Simon & Patrick, Squire, SWR and Zvex Effects.