On-site amp repair service includes the following attention:
• Repair and restoration from top to bottom
• Health check including tube testing and biasing
• Retubing and recapping
• Modifications including the Fender Blackface Mod and Marshall JTM 45 Mod
• Upgrade of components including Mercury magnetics transformers
• Solid state amplifier repairs
• Effects pedal repairs
• Rackmount effects and processors
• P.A. systems and mixers, powered speakers & monitors
• Specializing in restorations of Farfisa and vintage solid state Vox amplifiers
• Modifications for Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9 to TS-808 conversion, and converting Crybaby and VOX V847 to true-bypass
We do not typically offer repair for keyboards or HiFi stereos. Some exceptions are possible, but please call ahead for more information.
We are authorized to offer repair for the following brands:
Fender, Squire, Gretsch, Guild, Jackson, Charvel, SWR, EVH, Godin, Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick, Marshall, VOX, Korg, Blackstar, Orange, Laney, Hiwatt, Ashdown, Hartke, Sampson and Zvex Effects.
Repairs are addressed in the order they arrive unless we are waiting for a part of direction from the customer. Due to these situations, we cannot guarantee turnaround times on amplifier service. However, general guidelines for repairs at Twin Town Guitars are:
Onsite Repairs: one week or less
Tube Amplifier, Solid State Amplifier or Custom Luthier Service: two weeks or less
If you need faster service than the normal turn around time, please consider rush service.
If you are in need of a rush repair, please bring your amplifier into the store and request rush service. If the on-duty technician determines that the repair can be accomplished, they will offer the option of rush service by 5pm the following day. Rush service fees include:
Tube amplifier or other off-site repair fees: $50
Sorry, no rush repair service is available for off-site repairs. Please also note that rush repair service only guarantees that your particular project will be looked at and every attempt will be made to complete the repair. There are some rare instances where the repair cannot be completed due to unforeseen circumstances. In these instances, the rush charge will still apply.