Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:15 PM
Thursday, June 8, 2017 12:21 PM
- STAFF PICKS -
- HOHNER TOY ACCORDION -
- BLUE -
Bjorn has been acting really weird ever since he crashed his bike on his way to work last week, the crash didn't stop him, He proceeded to clock in, and get to work. With blood dripping from his brow and scrapes all over his hands and knees, we were pretty concerned. We offered to call an ambulance, but Bjorn said he didn't need a doctor to tell him he had a concussion.
It's been a week since the incident, and we're pretty sure he's doing better...
Tuesday, May 23, 2017 9:44 AM
The ARP Odyssey was an analog synthesizer originally produced in 1972 by the American manufacturer ARP Instruments, Inc. that quickly garnered a faithful following among musicians. Well respected for its high value, ease to play and portability, the ARP Odyssey had undergone several improvements during its history and continued to be a long-seller until manufacturing stopped in 1981 due to economic hardships and the digital surge. Loved by a wide range of musicians as a historical classic, its sound can be heard on numerous classic songs.
Let’s check in with James to see what he thinks about this incredible synth…
Q: What features do you look for in a synthesizer?
Q: What do you like about the Korg Arp Odyssey?
A: It’s a classic and it’s left its mark on numerous genres or music since its introduction in the 70’s. It can be used to create soundscapes vast and unworldly to smooth and subtle.
Q: Could you see yourself playing this synth?
A: I could see myself playing this synth everyday…in that youtube video… ;)
Let’s dive into the Korg Arp Odyssey, and check out the features…
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
“Forty years later, a complete revival.
The legendary analog synthesizer that transformed its age.”
Monday, May 8, 2017 9:19 AM
-STAFF PICKS -
-FENDER AMERICAN DELUXE DIMENSION BASS-
The American Deluxe Dimension Bass IV melds Fender’s most modern innovations with powerfully punchy tone, sleek style, and smooth playing feel to create an unparalleled bass playing experience.
Q: What about this bass caught your eye?
A: The finish on the thing is just beautiful! I had to pick it up.
Q: What do you like about the bass?
A: I tend to prefer the sounds of humbucking pickups in both guitars and basses and I've always loved Fender. While the shape of the pickup is very unique I would never see myself wanting to change it out.
Q: Could you see yourself playing a bass like this?
A: Easily. I grew up playing Stingrays and moved to a P-Bass later on. This feels like a happy middle ground between the two.
- An elegantly original body style that represents the modern pinnacle of Pro-Level bass style
- Sonic sophistication delivered by a single Dimension Bass Humbucking pickup and an 18-volt on-board preamp, 3-band EQ and master volume
- A hand-rubbed, oil finished, asymmetrical “C”-shaped maple neck allows for comfortability and ease of play
- Stunning “Violin Burst” finish
- Includes Fender Deluxe Hardshell Case
"A bold new Dimension in Fender bass excellence"
Monday, April 17, 2017 2:18 PM
-TEQUILA SUNRISE -
Notorious for their attack as they are for their stunning crystalline looks, Vistalite acrylic drums make a solid sonic and visual statement in live concert performance. Manufactured under strict guidelines to retain shell integrity, today's Vistalite delivers pure, round tone through a fully-stabilized shell and dual reinforced seams; without succumbing to the cracking that plagued the kits of yesterday. Let's see what Tim has to say about it…
Q: What about this kit caught your eye?
A: Just look at it!
Q: What do you like about the kit?
A: Just look at it! Vintage look with a modern touch. Reinforced seams. 3-color band acrylic shells. I imagine myself sitting on the beach in my socks and sandals, drinking tequila out of the rack tom.
Q: Could you see yourself playing a kit like this?
A: Yes, I love Vistalites, and the Tequila Sunrise finish is by far my favorite.
Q: Describe your perfect donut. (Watch video to 0:34)
A: Chocolate Bismarck with jimmies
So, where do these massive sounds come from?
- Virgin bass drum delivers uncompromised low-end punch
- Bass Drum 22"x14"
- Rack Tom 13"x9"
- Floor Tom 16"x16"
- Shell Material: Acrylic
- Bearing Edge: 45
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Seamless construction
- Blue and Olive badge gives this kit that classic 1970's look
"High volume live performance where projection over loud instruments is paramount. Hard Rock/Heavy Metal."